Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I will totally admit it.

Not only are the leaves starting to change color, but the weather is getting cooler too! Frost is possible tonight! I love fall and winter and the change and the seasons and the holidays. And Christmas! I love Christmas. Although, I did pause and shudder yesterday driving home, thanking God for the awesome cooler temp, but remembering the only thing I hate about winter is the wind! Brr. When it's cold, it's always the wind. When it's 95 degrees and very humid, can I get a breeze through my apt? Of course not, but I can always count on the wind chill. Oh and I got a new duvet cover for my birthday in May, so now it's cool enough at night to keep it on the bed! Yay! Love cold sleeping weather. Love the fall. Welcome fall. Entertain me with your beauty.

Another thing I love about fall is that new TV shows come back. I'm pretty annoyed by those people that claim to not watch TV and then proceed to list off 3 or more shows that they love "but I don't really watch TV." I think it's become trendy in our generation to not be TV watchers. But, I'll admit it. I'm a sucker. Having not had cable about every other year for the last six years, I pretty much went without. I did just fine, I read some books, I crocheted a lot(even finishing an afghan...) but now, while I crochet, I can watch some great entertainment. Plus, you have to remember that my husband works 24hour shifts, which means I'm home alone 1/3 of my life and I can't play chess solo, or labyrinth for that matter. Who am I kidding. I can't play chess at all. And no, I'm not even interested in learning how.

Anyway, we don't pay for cable, the HDTV just picks up the HD channels, whether or not the cable company is aware of this, I am not sure, but I will surely not be telling them. We only have the major networks, TBS, Food Network and NatGeo- let me take this opportunity to inform you I can school you on all on any bloods and crips trivia. Word. Unfortunately, this set up does not allow me to watch one of my new favorite shows on FX. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Love this show. The tagline is "it's like Seinfeld on Crack", ha totally. Hilarious. Four friends and Danny Devito in a Irish pub in Philly. They get into all sorts of trouble and instead of helping each other out, they turn on each other and hilarity ensues. Best. show. on. TV. period. It is the one show that has even come close to replacing one of my favorite shows of all time... Arrested Development and if you're that excited about reliving some awesome Arrested Development moments, get excited for this Highlight of 2009!


I have a few other time wasters... Mondays, check out How I Met your Mother on CBS and Catch Warren Sapp(ex-NFL player) on Dancing with the Stars, which is on ABC.

Besides the Dancing with the Stars results show, Tuesdays are dead to me.

Wednesdays on the other hand. So great! At 8(ABC) it's Private Practice, which is the spin off of Grey's anatomy. I prefer it over grey's. I think it's more grown up and a little more mature. I also don't think they'll make the same mistakes with the back and forth, back and forth character twists as grey's. Grey's was boring for awhile. We'll see. I have high hopes. Plus Tim Daly, the guy from Wings is in it. I heart him. I hearted wings.

My favorite sophomore show, (watch me wax technical) is Dirty Sexy Money on Wednesdays at 9(ABC). Peter Krause-originally from Six Feet Under, Donald Sutherland, Lucy Lui, one of the Baldwins = Hit show! Basically, it boils down to "are these people too rich for their own good, or are they evil too?"

And of course, Grey's Anatomy which is on Thursdays at 8, the same time as dun dun duh... The Office. The greatest invention is high speed Internet and broadcasting corporations deciding to air full episodes online. ABC has a much better online player with Mozilla, my browser of choice, so I usually catch up on Grey's when Noel is at work, and we watch The Office live.

Now you know whats on my agenda, you can come out of the closet and admit you watch too. I watch a whole bunch. Silly me. But I sure do love me some sitcoms.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Tuesday = House???

Anonymous said...

Hey...are you on facebook? I was going to write you here about the nursing cover...but then we'll have to have a conversation back and forth on our blogs which seems funny. So, you can friend me and we'll chat.