
One of the best teen angst movies of the 90's for sure, is Empire Records. Meg and I went to see this at the McHenry Theatre. I don't remember what grade we were in, but I remember wearing the plaid mini-skirts and thigh highs with big clunky shoes. Meg, Ang and I actually had a photo shoot at my house too. (There will not be pictures to prove it). Anyway, AJ was probably my first, "he's sooo cute" actor. I did not have pictures of him all over my walls, but there was a definite dreaminess to him. What's really funny is that as I've gotten older the artsy AJ is no longer my main Empire Records man. It's Lucas. His take chargeness is very becoming, we won't talk about the fact that he stole his boss/guardian's life savings and lost it gambling in Atlantic City. He was just trying to do what was right, albeit going about it the wrong way. He seemed to have an inate sense of what was really happening with his friends. His attention is just kinda dreamy.
Okay, anyway the point of me telling this story is that I can still see them after all these years. As first picture states, this is AJ.
Lucas. "What's with today, today?"
(You might also recognize Lucas -real name Rory Cochrane- from Dazed and Confused.)
So in my sophomore year of college I was sitting in my dorm room flipping channels when I found the new CSI: Miami. Guess who was now starring in CSI:Miami? Yep, Lucas. All grown up. He's still pretty dreamy. He's no longer on the show, and being without cable tv every other year for the past 6 years, I don't know what happened to the character.
I was pretty bored last night because Noel was working so I turned on CSI:Miami while I cleaned the living room. Guess who was on CSI:Miami? Yep, AJ. His real name is Johnny Whitworth and he was playing an undercover government agent. He was pretty scruffy but still dreamy. 
I am pretty much over the CSI series but I enjoy being the memories that it's brought me. I might have to watch some Empire Records now, and remember these guys in their former glory.


No comments:
Post a Comment