Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Is it really almost Sept?

It's hard to believe that the last time I posted, about being anxious to move, was early July! I mean, I obviously have not died for lack of patience. Really, It's been a very busy summer, even without a much needed vacation. I officially have only 18 credits left until I am a teacher, and ten of those hours are student teaching. Two classes and I'm free!! I only have one at a time this fall, which will be nice, since I'm working full time again.


No news on the job front, but we should (hopefully, and prayerfully) hear around the middle of Sept. I'm getting really excited. I am even starting to hope for Denver. It's so far away, but it really seems like it would be the best for Noel and I. It took me awhile to actually believe that isn't selfish! The way we see our lives, our futures in ministry, the Denver area would be a great fit. Not to mention, I love mountains! And my brother's would at least come visit if we lived somewhere interesting. Well, I suppose now that I've made my public proclamation for Denver, Crystal Lake will come calling. I guess if that's where God wants us, it'll be his best and it will be good.


Noel is currently in the running for the "Grand Prix." The Muscatine Running Club combines race scores for your top six races, and the winner (determined by age group) is awarded the Grand Prix Honor! His main competition is a 15 year-old high school cross country runner. Apparently, Coach says "no more fun runs", so Noel actually has a chance. He's constantly improving his time and is an avid runner now.



These pictures were taken before his 15 mile bike ride in which he totally biffed it. He was not wearing a helmet, but luckily was not hurt. He should know better next time. The next Grand Prix run is Sept. 6. Coming up fast.

No comments: