So I am at the point in my masters program when I observe in the classroom. I need 100 hours and with 2 jobs, it's tricky to fit it all in. I've completed about 15 hours so far and I should hopefully be done by Christmas! I got to lead the class in a jeopardy review game today. I gave away the comma category answers by pausing (naturally) where the commas should go, even though that was supposed to be their job. What a humbling experience. Who am I to be teaching kids? I'm only seven years older than these kids. A year and a half and I'll be on my own? Two years and a piece of paper says that I can teach? What kind of world do we live in? People are going to let me instruct their kids, I'll be honest here, I was probably more comfortable driving a bus.
Anyway, I have learned some cool things. I also made a website in which I will be recommending youth literature for my future students. Check it out here: www.youngadultlit.bravehost.com - I'm hoping to get some more books read this weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment